Friday, November 16, 2007

We're getting there...


I had an appointment with a midwife this morning, and I say A midwife because mine happened to be out sick and they didn't call me. Which was fine, I was perfectly happy with the midwife I saw today and it was good to familiarize myself with her in case she's the one who delivers the baby. I was pleased that they hadn't called me though because I had some concerns and really wanted to be seen this morning. I'll spare you the ugly details, but it had been listed under "possible pre-term labor symptoms" on the handout I was given, so I was a little worried. Everything seems ok, but if it continues I'll need to be checked and monitored for a while.


I'm measuring right on time, which is great! I measured a little small with Aiden, so I'm pleasantly surprised to be "normal" with this one. Nathan appears to be head-down and should be weighing around 3 1/2 pounds and measuring about 18 inches long. I'm 7 pounds away from my target weight of 135 and I gained about 5 pounds in the past 2 1/2 weeks. I finally feel like I might reach the target weight, especially with loads of holiday food just around the corner!! I was a little worried about not gaining like they wanted me to, because I seemed to be stuck there for a month or so. But I gained most of my weight in the last trimester with Aiden, so I guess that's happening this time too.


I'm finally in the zone where I'm preparing things for labor and birth. Nathan's clothes are washed and sorted, his going home bag is packed, my birth plan is written up, and I'll finalize my hospital pre-registration this afternoon. Of course there's still many things to do, but it feels so good (and so real!) to work on these things. I'm very eager to hold my baby, smell the new baby smell, and see how much he looks like his big brother.

No comments: