I had a date with my husband yesterday. It had been about a month and a half since we'd had some time for just us. Not that I mind having my toddler around constantly, but every mom needs a break. This time though, it wasn't so much getting away from Aiden as it was getting to actually talk to my husband.
It was time to get our wedding rings cleaned, so we went over to Shane Co. to get that done. A tiny side diamond had fallen out of my ring, so I had to leave it there to be repaired. We won't be able to pick it up until Friday, so I'm going to be feeling pretty naked without it. After that, we went over to the mall to just wander for a while. It wasn't all that relaxing as the mall was PACKED, but it was time we spent together without having to worry about anything. Then we went over to Borders to browse and pass the time in relative quiet. We found a book to read together and then headed over to Olive Garden for dinner.
Dinner was....very very good. And I'm not referring to the food, although that was fantastic and I ate everything (odd for me; I usually get too full). Sometimes when we go out to dinner, we don't talk very much. Maybe our brains just stop functioning for a while because we're relaxing, I don't know. But this time, I wanted to make sure that we really talked. I asked John about classes and work and if he was feeling any anxiety about having another baby. We talked all through dinner, in the car on the way to pick up Aiden, in the car on the way home, and well into the night after we put Aiden to bed. I think we talked more than we have in the past three weeks.
We were able to really reconnect with each other last night and when I woke up this morning, I realized how much I've been missing my husband. I feel so lucky to have the relationship with him that I do. I have a feeling that this holiday season could be very good for our marriage. We've been so focused on getting John through work and this school term and preparing for the baby, we've sort of forgotten that marriage isn't maintenance-free. I haven't felt this good mentally in a long time.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
I'm glad you guys got some time alone. Communication is hard work and when you're tired and stressed, it's hard to remember just how important talking to each other is. Happy reconnection! I hope your evening gets you well through this week. Will John be home Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving?
Post a Comment