Monday, November 12, 2007

Is my faith being tested or is this normal?

Aiden is turning into a huge handful. Yeah, he's been acting like a two year old and that's to be expected, but after this weekend....I just don't know where it's coming from.
I was given a beautiful baby shower on Saturday and received many gifts. Aiden was napping when I got home and by the time he woke up, John and I had brought in everything and stacked it up on the couch. Aiden took one look at all the baby items and launched into a three hour long temper tantrum. He even began grabbing baby shoes and angrily throwing them to the ground.

Today is really no different. We've put all the baby stuff away (except there are some baby clothes stacked in Aiden's room - I may need to hide those), but it's like the damage has been done. I'm having constant back pain, so I can't pick him up and that makes him mad. I have to eat every hour or so, and that makes him mad. Anything and everything is making him mad. He'll be fine one minute and then be on the floor kicking and screaming the next, for no apparent reason.

I have to feel some relief that it's a holiday and John has tonight off from class. Otherwise I'd be on my own until 10pm. And I have to be happy that we are financially secure enough that I can decide to order pizza tonight to make my day go a little easier. Yesterday I felt like I was doing well in being thankful for what we have and in turning to God when I'm having a rough time with something. Obviously, I'm not perfect at it and at times I feel as though I'm still an infant in my faith. But today is really pushing it. I was only up with Aiden for an hour before I started feeling as though I was losing control and raising my voice at him. I've put Aiden down for a nap and said a quick prayer for strength and patience. I need to get better at this because I know it's just going to get more difficult when I've got a newborn to care for as well. Anyone know of any good devotionals for moms?

No comments: