Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Christmas Party! (A bit early, I know)

We found out yesterday that John's company is putting on a Christmas party and is close to finalizing the plans. This is something new for us, as the Red Cross didn't have Christmas parties. I guess when you're a non-profit, you just don't do things like that.
Even though it's still about a month or so away, I'm still really excited about it. When it happens, I'll be around a month away (more or less) from having the baby and an outing like this will be much needed. We'll get a babysitter for Aiden, we'll get dressed up, and we'll have a beautiful, relaxing adult evening in either downtown Portland or Lake Oswego. And that will be the last time that will happen for quite a while....
When John sent me the email about it from work yesterday, one of my first thoughts was "I wonder if there's going to be an open bar?". I quickly remembered that even if there was, I was not going to be able to celebrate the holidays in that manner. Silly me. John was happy though, because this means I'm the designated driver by default. And yes, there will be an open bar.
Is it weird to excited over something that's a month (or more) away? I guess the holidays have always been exciting for me, so that's part of it. But I suppose that I'm just so deprived of quality time with my husband, that a fancy date in a month really sticks in my head. Thank goodness I have things to keep me busy until then!

No comments: