No, make that just the injuries of a 2 year old. Aiden was hopping around, pretending to be Tigger as he likes to do (kind of odd, considering he was watching Elmo at the time), when he got some pretty good air under his feet and then landed wrong on his right foot. I attended to him immediately and he basically stopped crying right away, but continued to hold his foot. Being 2, he can't really tell me what hurts or how much, so I've got to try to figure this out on my own. I thought since he stopped crying fairly fast, I'd just let it go. But as I watch him, I see that every time he tries to walk, he starts limping and whimpering in pain. Great.
I leave a message for the advice nurse and wait....they tell you it can take up to 2 hours for them to call back, but it only took about 20 minutes - thank goodness! Basically, she says he absolutely needs to be seen. She doesn't even ask me any other questions about it. Just that he might need an x-ray and they can get us in at 5:20. Now I have to call John to see if he can make it home from work in time and skip some of his class tonight. Luckily, he laughed at the fact that our son was goofing around and didn't get annoyed.
This wouldn't be so bad if I weren't in horrible pain from my unborn child trying to come out the top of my stomach. And since Aiden is hurting, he wants to be carried and held. Which would be fine, but every time I pick him up it feels like my lower back muscles are going to rip into tiny pieces. I don't know if that's actually possible, but it sure feels like it. So I'm in awful pain and exhausted. And through all the time on the phone, Aiden leaked through his diaper and soaked onto my only pair of clean maternity pants. Awesome, now I have to do laundry too.
I guess it won't be so bad as long as I can get out of cooking tonight. :^)
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment