Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break Part 2

After our snow day, I had to spend all day Friday preparing for my midterm the next day, so we didn't get any playtime in. We had plans for fun family stuff after my midterm, but when I got home, I discovered that John had come down the flu. The weekend was shot. 
On Monday, John came home halfway through the day because he still didn't feel well. I spent the day cleaning with the kids so we could prepare for starting our super cool spring break stuff on Tuesday (the boys had destroyed their room and had to clean it before we could do anything). Life had other plans. I woke up Tuesday morning sick as could be. I haven't had a stomach bug like that since Norovirus. Ugh. I spent the next two days curled up on the couch, effectively wasting away our spring break. I felt so bad for the boys. They never ended up getting it (thank goodness!) and since John and I were due to go away for our anniversary on Friday, we decided to spend Friday morning with the boys at OMSI to see the new limited engagement Lego exhibit. Every single family in the Portland area had the same idea. It was PACKED. The line to get tickets for admission was out the door and down the sidewalk, but thankfully our membership got us around the line and we got right in!

While it was busy, it was so worth it. The Lego exhibit is amazing. Aiden (our Lego boy) was in absolute awe.











Wow.
There's a portion of the exhibit set aside for playing with Legos, along with a Duplo section for smaller kids. Obviously, we spent quite a bit of our time just playing with Legos.



Germ central, anyone?



After making their own creations, we headed out so we could get Buster to the vet and the boys to John's parents house. It was nice to spend a few hours doing something fun, finally, even if the entire place was packed.
Next, we celebrate our anniversary.

No comments: