Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nutria

Our library has a wonderful expansive outdoor area (technically I think it's part of the business park) and we go there often. Sometimes we feed the ducks, sometimes we take a long walk, and sometimes we take Buster along to give him some social time since there are always plenty of dogs to visit with. There are quite a few ponds and bridges, and there's a little area with rushing water where we like to have "boat" races (putting sticks in at the top and seeing how far they go). The boys have come up with names for a couple of these areas. The wooded area is the Misko Forest, one of the bridges is Lasken Bridge, another bridge is the Bridge of the Aleano Wizard and there's a wizard that lives under it. We go on many adventures here.

Since there was some sun on Monday, we took a break from our errands that afternoon and spent an hour just walking and exploring around this area. Like I said, there are lots of ducks and sometimes we spot a few nutria. The nutria were out and about yesterday and as we walked by two of them, Aiden says in an exasperated tone, "I'm allergic to nutria. Looks like I'm going to have to hire a contractor to keep them away from me whenever we come here now". At that moment, we were walking past a gentleman who looked extremely confused as to what he just overheard. I don't blame him. Aiden seems to be under the impression that he's allergic to rodents and has been insisting that this is true for well over a year now. Also, I'm not sure why he thinks it's necessary to "hire a contractor" to keep the nutria away when the nutria are perfectly content to ignore him. And, what a strange thing to hire a contractor to do. I don't think we'll ever quite understand how Aiden's brain works!

No comments: