Monday, April 30, 2012

Hand Me Downs

I am massively happy that Nathan thinks hand me down clothes are wonderful. I know that mindset will eventually go away, so I'm singing praises of the hand me downs while I can.

He (Nathan) has sprouted upwards in the past month or so. I was pleased that he did it around a season change so we could apply the clothing rotation properly. I took all of the too-small clothes out of his dresser (which was nearly everything) and made a list of everything he was out of/low on. After going through the clothes that we'd kept from Aiden, things were crossed off the list to the point where I only need to buy Nathan a package of socks and two pairs of pants (we've discovered that as they hit around age 3, there's no such thing as hand me down boys pants anymore, as they all get ruined). I was able to cross about $75 worth of clothes off the list and Nathan feels like he just got a brand new wardrobe. Awesome!

Aiden hasn't had much of a growth spurt, so he only lost a couple of shirts, some PJs, and a pair of pants. And -except for the pants- they were kept for future use for Nathan.

Ah, hand me downs. A budget-conscious mother's best friend. And speaking of hand me downs, if anyone (local-ish) is in need of a box of 3T boys clothes, let me know!

No comments: