There was a point in college, after staying up for right around 36 hours due to exams and RA responsibilities, where I was convinced I would never be more exhausted in my life than I was right then. And now I'm a mom.
I KNOW I slept last night, so why doesn't it feel like it? I can barely keep my eyes open, it took me 45 minutes to drag myself out of bed (luckily, my wonderful children played nicely in their room after waking up and gave me that time), I'm on my second cup of coffee and I still plan on stopping at our neighborhood coffee place (Insomnia - it's fantastic!) to get something before I help in Aiden's classroom all afternoon. I had no idea a person could feel so exhausted after sleeping. At least in college, I was guaranteed a nap at a certain point. I get no such guarantee with mommyhood.
We've had a very busy past week. School starting (for a few of us), John's 10 year high school reunion, a trip to the Japanese Garden in the rain, class rep responsibilities for me, figuring out future plans that are causing me more frazzled nerves than I wanted, all along with normal daily life. It's mostly been fun and interesting over the past week, but I'm certainly feeling my energy level suffering. My migraines have increased in number over the past week as well, which is no fun, but I have hope that they'll level out again once I feel more at ease with our new fall schedule.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment