Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Preschool!

On September 8th, we'll start our third year at Creative Children's Center. I never imagined when Aiden went to preschool that we would find a place that we could really get attached to. This will be Aiden's final year before he goes onto kindergarten, but this is just the beginning for Nathan. I was asked to be the parent representative for Nathan's class (it's the same class and teacher that Aiden had, so there's a familiarity there) and I started that job by working at orientation last night. I'm excited about the school year!

Nathan's class is in the afternoon, Monday and Wednesday, 1:15-3:30. Registration has been a little low this year for the afternoon classes and there are currently only four kids in the class. So I thought I'd put this out there: If anyone in the Beaverton/Hillsboro/Aloha area is looking for a preschool class for their 2-3 year old, please feel free to contact me or pass my info along to someone who might be interested. The cost per month is super affordable, as most work at the school is done by volunteers (the only paid staff are the four teachers). Most parents "parent help" twice per month, but it's not required (you do get a discount by parent helping).

In all honesty, I have never seen a school believe so much in children and their abilities. It's so much more than just finger painting and playdoh. Aiden has developed by leaps and bounds ever since he started. You really end up feeling at home there and I've always felt like I could discuss any development or behavioral issues with the teachers.

We are definitely super excited for school to start again!

No comments: