We're very much into our fall schedule now. I'm in the boys' classrooms once a week and I think they've both adjusted quite well to attending the same school. My first day of leaving both of them was helped along by Nathan requesting that Aiden come see him in his classroom for a few minutes after I left. Aiden had his first field trip of the year yesterday and I do have some pictures from another mom (I left my camera at home again). I'll get them posted soon.
I'm settling into my role as parent rep for Nathan's class. It's not too much extra work, but I have been surprised as to how much I have to take with me if I'm parent helping, in charge of mini meal, and have paperwork to put in everyone's sign-in folders. I attend the once a month school council meeting each month (so just one so far) and it seems to be a really great group of parents and teachers. It reminded me how special this school really is.
Speaking of school, John has officially started classes again. It's hard to have him gone so much every week, but he'll be completely done soon enough. We decided to put off school for me this term once we got his class schedule. The only nights he doesn't have class are Tuesdays and Fridays and it wasn't desirable for me to be gone on those two nights (especially since he is still supposed to be working 50+ hour weeks). I was disappointed, but I'm sure next term will come up faster than I expect. We don't anticipate John having a super heavy class schedule next term (I think he has two more classes left, total, to complete his degree after this term), so hopefully it will actually work out. We knew it was going to be a challenge to try to get us both in school at the same time.
I think we've all adjusted to having a puppy around. There are still some training challenges that I'm experiencing, but I've never had a dog before so it's to be expected, I suppose. Buster has definitely bonded with us and he gets very excited when we come home from being out somewhere. I enjoy having a miniature dog sleep in my lap later in the evenings after the boys go to bed. And as much as John protests about having a "purse dog", he really does like snuggling with Buster too. :^)
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment