Wednesday, September 8, 2010

School!

Today was the big day. The day that felt so far away at the beginning of the summer....both my babies are in school. Even though we didn't have to be there until 12:45, I got up early (before John even!) to get dressed and get everything set out to make our first day as smooth as possible. Being the parent rep, I had paperwork to take with me and being the parent helper for the day in Nathan's class, also had the class snack (or mini-meal, as it's called at school). Not to mention a big bag of library DVDs and books to be taken back immediately after school was over. There was a lot to bring with us!

Organized mommy!
Excited and ready to go! How is Nathan old enough already?!
We all had a great day and I felt fairly at ease and organized. Helping in the class is definitely much easier now that I don't have to worry about childcare for Nathan.
Aiden, of course, walked into his class like he owned the place (same class, different teacher - although he is familiar with her, and only one boy from last year is in the class - everyone else moved on to kindergarten!).
Since Nathan has been around the school since he was 9 months old, he is quite comfortable there and settled right in. Despite asking me repeatedly over the course of the morning if I was going to stay with him, I think he would have been just fine if I'd left. He also obviously enjoyed getting attention from his teacher without Aiden being around. :^)
We had a very busy day and they were quite tired by the time we got home...


I think this is going to be a very good year for both of them and I'm definitely liking the little quiet time I'm getting while they're both passed out on the couch!


No comments: