Monday, March 15, 2010

We've Started the Countdown

Eight days until we leave for Disneyland! We are all so extremely excited and Aiden talks about it multiple times a day. What rides he'll go on, what characters he'll see, questions about the plane ride, what family members we're going to see while we're there....his little mind is overflowing with anticipation.

Currently, we plan to spend time in Disneyland with Brady and Carrie, Laura and Kevin, and Colin and Lisa. We were all hoping to be able to meet at the park on the same day (Minthorne/Martin attack!), but schedules aren't quite working out that way. We'll get park time with everyone and we hope to spend additional non-park time with everyone as well.

We are trying to plan our weekend in Cali since we're avoiding the park on Saturday and Sunday (our park days are Thursday, Friday, and Monday). I want to go back to Huntington Beach because I think the boys would love watching the surfers and dolphins and we could all use some time to just sit and soak up some sunshine (fingers crossed that there will be sun!). We'll have to pack some buckets and shovels for the boys.
We talked about Sea World, but I didn't really like that it costs as much to get in there as it does Disneyland. I know they have rides and all, but it doesn't matter that much to me. I am trying to convince John to take a trip down to the San Diego Zoo. I was on their website earlier and I think we'd all have a blast, plus the ticket cost seems reasonable. We had also mentioned taking a day trip out to Las Vegas, but that's a big commitment. It does sound fun though.

Since the vacation is supposed to be relaxing, I would love to come home to a clean house. Especially considering we get right back to normal life the day after we get home (at 9pm). John has to go back to work, Aiden goes back to school, and I assume I'll return to work at some point that week (although who knows? I've had two weeks off - hours are scarce right now). So my plan is to complete as much of my spring cleaning as humanly possible in eight days. Way to go with the planning, Carrie... I just hate coming home to a mess after I've been gone. I'll do all the work now, have a great time in sunny California, and then ease back into life without immediately needing to pick up toys and vacuum the moment I walk back in the door.

I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. It feels like just last week when I was booking the trip, but it was five weeks ago. Of course this means that trip will feel faster than we'd like, but at least we get to get away for a while. For the first time in two years, we get to have a real vacation. I'm an adult and I could still sit here and squeal with excitement over going to Disneyland. :^)

No comments: