Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Various Things for One of THOSE Days

Today is proving to be quite difficult - the boys have been at each other from the moment they woke up. I cannot leave the room for a moment without something setting them off and beating the living daylights out of each other. Silly me, hoping to take it easy on my day off. So while Nathan naps and Aiden plays with his train set, I need to write some things out....if only for some mental relief.

I haven't written much about my new job, but I am enjoying it very much. I guess I just feel like there's not much to write about since it is just retail. The ladies are all very nice and welcoming and the level of stress is much lower than at Payless. I believe that this is mainly because the customers are kind and tend to treat you like an actual human being, and there are more associates there to help in case things do get a little crazy. I am walking more at this job and my feet are letting me know that my shoes aren't cutting it. For the past week or two, my feet have been in quite a bit of pain that radiates up into my calves by the time I get to bed. It's causing some sleep issues. I think I will need to invest in some Dr Scholl's gel inserts for my shoes. Of course, I have also been having to stay late at work for the past few nights and haven't been getting home until near midnight. On Saturday, someone couldn't work the evening shift and the backups weren't answering their phones, so I offered to stay. I was scheduled from 1-6, but ended up staying until 11:30. Needless to say, I was quite tired by the time I got home. Even so, it's still more enjoyable than Payless.

John has been swamped with his job. It seems that they waited until the very last minute to hire him back. This sometimes makes evenings quite stressful if I have to work. He was trying to cram so much in each day last week that I ended up being late for work almost very night that I was scheduled. We are incredibly thankful that he has a steady job again and our health insurance application was just approved today. Things are slowly getting back to normal.

However, things can only be so normal while house hunting. We have found one that we like, but then we looked at another one and John prefers the yard and garage on the 2nd one. I'm not too thrilled about the living and kitchen space, but I'm willing to take another look at it. It's such a huge decision that I don't want to end up settling for something that I'm not going to end up being entirely happy with. We'll figure it out. I think we probably will end up putting an offer in on the first house, but we can't set our hopes on that one. It's a bank owned property and there's is already one offer in. The problem with it is that our offer would be considered the "back-up" just in case something falls through with the first offer. There's no competing with offers like a normal sale. As much as I want to hope that something goes wrong with the first offer, it seems a little mean to wish disappointment on another family just so I can have that house. But we like it well enough that we're open to putting in an offer and seeing what happens. We would keep looking and could pull our offer if we found something else.

I think that's everything of importance that's been weighing on my mind. I am waiting to hear from the real estate agent about some homes and we will hopefully go out looking again sometime this week. And I have to try to keep my sanity somehow today as I long for a backyard so I could shoo the boys outside. :^)

No comments: