It seems that the boys are trying to their best to make up for such a horrible day yesterday. I had to do some grocery shopping and had to get all of Aiden's back-to-school items from his class list today - an adventure that I wasn't looking forward to very much since I had to take both of them with me. I just never know how they're going to behave while we're out. But they were great!
Aiden asked if he could walk instead of riding in the cart and I told him that he could if he stayed right next to me the whole time. He will run away from me sometimes and that makes things difficult, especially if I'm alone with both boys. I fully expected him to run off at some point, but I am determined to give him the opportunity to learn how to stay with me at all times. And it paid off because he was so well behaved today! He helped me push the cart and I told him everything that we needed from our list. I think talking about each thing we were doing helped him to stay focused. He also helped me in the check-out line and got right into his carseat once we got back out to the car.
The only incident was when Nathan got scared by something in Target (I think it was the very large BBQ we ended up stopping next to while looking at school supplies) and began crying in fear. But he calmed down quickly. Aiden got a little worried at one point while shopping because he suddenly needed to go to the bathroom and whispered (loudly) "I'm wee-weeing in my pants!!". I had put him in pull-ups since I was out by myself, so I told him that it was ok for now, but that there are bathrooms in the stores and he can always tell me if he needs to use the potty. I'm pleased that he's becoming more and more aware of his bathroom needs when we're away from home.
We had a great grocery shopping trip as well and they were just so well behaved that I took them to McDonald's for lunch. As we were sitting in the drive-thru, Aiden announces "I think that shooting stars are like mashed potatoes!". I'm not sure what he meant by that, but it sure was cute.
If I didn't know any better, I would think that someone had switched out my children from the ones I had yesterday!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
I'm glad today was better. Hopefully tomorrow will be good, too!
Post a Comment