Nathan has been into books for quite a while now and within the past few months, has been taking a more active role with the storytelling. There is a book about baby sea otters that we have been reading for a week or so. As I read it to him for his nap today, his little tidbits were so cute, I had to write them down.
Me: "Shhh! Don't wake Sally. She's taking a nap. Did you know sea otters live in the ocean?"
Nathan: "O-Tay." (translation: "OK")
Me: "Sea otters eat clams. Can you see the clamshell Sally's mom is holding?"
Nathan: "No."
Me: "Sally's mom cleans her face after she eats. It looks like she's playing peek-a-boo."
Nathan: "Peet-a-boo!!"
Me: "Sally is napping again. She likes to cuddle with her mom."
Nathan: "SO boo-tiful!" (translation: a very enthusiastic "So Beautiful!")
My favorite part was his "no" to the clamshell question. At least he's honest.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
Ella and I were just reading that story, too, and she was interjecting her not-quite-so-logical comments. Nathan, you've definitely got a few months on our girl! I also got an emphatic "No" when asking about the clam shell. So, reading your post made me giggle about it again. :)
Post a Comment