I came across a great website this morning and I thought I'd pass it along - especially to those of you with heavy work schedules or small children.
It's called A Year of Slow Cooking and it's actually a lady's blog from last year. She's an author and she has a book called Make It Fast, Cook It Slow and I'm really wanting to get it! But for some free recipes, she posted a new slow cooker recipe every day last year and I'm using one of them (Shepherd's Pie) for tonight's dinner.
Now that I'm home more during the day, but leave in the evening right before dinner time, I don't want to leave John to deal with coming up with something for dinner after he's worked all day. I've been alternating putting together casseroles for him to put in the oven and some stuff in the slow cooker. I would love to do more in the slow cooker, since it would be completely ready whenever him and the boys were ready to eat. So I got really excited when I found this blog today.
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com
She's even labeled all of the posts off to the left side, so if you want something with pork....it's labeled under pork. I'm looking forward to doing more with the slow cooker; meaning John gets left to fend for himself for dinner a little less often. Let's face it, as much as I try to be on top of things every day, sometimes I just can't do dinner.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
Hey Carrie - we love the slow cooker, too. Thanks for the link. If you have any favorite recipes, send them my way. I'll email you a couple of our fave's, too.
Post a Comment