This next week marks the beginning of a new, smaller work schedule for me. Because we have two new girls coming in, my hours were going to go down anyway, but we're doing fine and we'll all be a little happier with me at home more often. So I'm going down to about 20 hours a week.
I was able to switch shifts with one of the new girls tomorrow, so I get to go to a family dinner after church! Not to mention actually getting to go to church for once... I do have to go in to work in the late afternoon, but it's better than being there all day.
And on Tuesday, I get the best break of all. We are packing the boys up and heading to the coast for two nights! I am SO excited. I've needed a little breather for a while now and even though it's not another state (I've been craving California or Las Vegas), the change of scenery will be wonderful. It will do us all some good to have a little fun and get out of the apartment for a few days.
We've had fantastic sunshine here for the past few weeks (weeks! It's only May!!) and we've certainly enjoyed ourselves outside when we've had the chance, although it has been just slightly too warm for little Nathan. The coast is supposed to be in the 70s while we're there, but with some rain on Tuesday. Oh well, we can deal with a little rain.
The hotel where we are staying has an indoor pool and both the boys LOVE swimming, so that will be a huge highlight of the trip for them. Aiden got some new swim trunks (Thomas the Tank Engine, of course), which he was already worn once as regular clothing. :^) While at the store looking at swim trunks for him, I realized that the last time I bought a new swim suit (not counting the maternity one!), I was 18. And after two kids, my body shape has changed quite a bit. So I have a new swim suit too.
Well, I've now 'decompressed' from work this evening and have just had a craving for a romaine salad with sunflower seeds hit me, so I'm off to the kitchen. Look for our beach pictures in a few days!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
What town are will you be in at the coast? If you guys want to stop by our place and meet Daniel, we'd love the company! Or we can meet you guys somewhere. If not, no problem...I know you need some family time. I hope you have fun!
Post a Comment