My interesting little 3 year old (who "graduates" from his preschool class tomorrow, by the way!) had a special way of telling me how he wanted his applesauce served the other day. I had gotten the applesauce out of the fridge and asked him if he wanted it cold or warmed up. Keep in mind that "or" questions like this are the reason we're being referred to early intervention, since he is supposedly having trouble with them. Anyway, I asked him if he wanted it cold or warmed up and he looks me right in the face and says, "I'd like it tepid". I was a little unsure if I had heard him correctly and said, "What did you say?". He responds with, "Tepid". I have no idea where he learned that word or how he learned to use it correctly in a sentence. So I ever so slightly warmed up his applesauce, handed it to him, and said, "Here is your tepid applesauce". He said happily, "Thank you mommy!".
As I mentioned above, he is "graduating" from his preschool class tomorrow (the same day that his Uncle Brady graduates from Basic Training!). It's the last day of school for him and I was able to get the majority of the day off from work in order to be there to parent help in his class. Graduation starts at 1:45 and John will be bringing Nathan, along with the camera, so we'll have some nice graduation pictures to share. After graduation, all the families from his class are having a potluck meal. I'm making applesauce muffins.
We are in the process of figuring out what to do with him for the summer. He is desperately going to need something to do or else he's going to drive us crazy. He loves school so much and I don't think he's going to quite get the concept of summer vacation. The parks and rec here has some great programs for kids his age, so we will probably sign him up for something through there. His school has summer camp programs, but they are about as much per week as we pay per month for his regular tuition, so we didn't feel like we could really manage that throughout the whole summer. We're very excited for him to continue at Creative Children's Center next year in a brand new class, three times a week. I almost can't wait to see the excitement on his face on the first day back to school.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
Smarty pants!
Post a Comment