This will be quick, as my computer still isn't working. It did finally give us a bit of a clue as to what was wrong with a nice big "WARNING! HARD DRIVE FAILURE IS IMMINENT!". So it's dying. We took a trip over to Best Buy today to get a visual on new laptops and to price new hard drives. John was thinking that we could just replace my hard drive fairly cheaply, but the decent hard drives were still around $150 and since my laptop has some wear and tear on it (the keyboard keys keep breaking off, the plastic around my screen is beginning to crack around the edges, the disc drive has already been replaced once, and my power supply is currently being held together with duct tape). In the end, we decided it would just be best to get a new one and we found a very nice deal on dell.com on a basic laptop. Hopefully, it will be here within a few weeks.
John MAY get a temporary position with his most recent employer. The boss called us about a week or so ago and told John that they may have a small project coming up that they would need an extra person for. But this depends on whether they even get accepted on the proposal or not, and if they do, the position would just be for a few weeks before they wouldn't have anything more for him to do. Unless things kept picking up while he was there, but I think that's hoping for too much. But this is still good news and it let's us know that they really think a lot of him and they want him back as soon as they have work for him.
On my end, my manager just hired two new girls and so my hours will be decreasing. At first, I was really concerned about this, but after mentioning it to John and looking over the finances, he feels that we are doing just fine and that we'd all be a little happier if I were home more often. So if he's not concerned, then I won't be concerned. It is very hard on the boys for me to work a consistent 40 hours every week and I'm definitely feeling like I'm missing out by being gone so much.
So that's about all for my little update. Blogging will probably be a little sparse until the laptop arrives, but I'll definitely keep up if anything important happens.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment