Nathan now has four teeth! When I returned from my ultrasound appointment on Thursday, I sat down to nurse him and as his little mouth opened, I realized that there was an extra tooth in there. Since the first four tend to give babies the most trouble, I am hoping that once it makes it's way all the way through the gums, we can really begin to sleep well. He's been sleeping in longer stretches, but I am so ready to sleep through the night. Oh, I just don't end up with kids who teethe like it's no problem. At least Nathan doesn't have reflux like Aiden did on top of the teething.
We go in for Nathan's 6-month check on Wednesday with a new pediatrician. I am anxious to see how much he's grown in the past two months. He seems like a very big 6 month old to me. He's also outgrown his infant carrier (his feet hang off the end), so one goal this weekend is to move him into Aiden's convertible carseat and buy Aiden a high-back booster seat. I'll probably take pictures. :^)
Aiden has been very cute lately. Yesterday, he actually asked me if he could sit on the potty! And not the little training potty either; he wanted to sit on the big potty! Maybe this is our first real step towards potty training. Getting him out of diapers would be great, but I know that most boys don't potty train until closer to age 4, so I'm not going to push him if he resists. Every single book on potty training makes it very clear that bribery and rewards are wholly encouraged when it comes to potty training, so even though we just missed getting Aiden on the potty in time yesterday, I took him to lunch. He really likes the chicken stars from Carl's Jr, so he got those as a treat. It also helped that I didn't really have anything to make for our lunch, so we had to go get something anyway.
We took Aiden to the library last weekend and we picked out a couple of Sandra Boynton books (we really like her work). One in particular is called "Your Personal Penguin" and Aiden has fallen in love with it. I think we'll end up buying it for him. What's cute about it though, is the way Aiden says "penguin". I laugh every time. He pronounces it "peen-gwan". John made the observation that once Aiden starts saying it correctly, I'll be very sad. I believe that will end up being true, but maybe it will be a good thing as I've begun saying "peen-gwan" as well. It's a little embarrassing when it happens in public.
Watching these boys grow and develop is just amazing. Every time Nathan hits a milestone or Aiden learns something new, I remember how much I love being a parent. It's definitely something that you just can't understand until you experience it for yourself. I feel very blessed that God has given me these two beautiful boys to have as my own.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment