Friday, July 18, 2008

It's....apparently nothing.

I was able to get to my ultrasound with time to spare yesterday. They were running late, so with the extra time I had left myself, I ended up sitting in the waiting room for about 30 minutes. Since it was the Northwest Perinatal Center that was doing my ultrasound, I was surrounded by pregnant women. I've decided that this is not a good thing for me, as I immediately begin contemplating having another child. I don't really handle pregnancy very well, so I am curious as to why my brain begins telling me that it wasn't really that bad and I can handle not sleeping for the next 2 years, right? I almost ran screaming from the waiting room!

So anyway, once they got me back there, she looked ALL around and said that everything looked normal and that she couldn't find anything. My midwife still has to take a look at the ultrasound photos and give me her opinion and possibly whatever step is next. I don't really know if there will be a next step. It might just be my body trying to sort itself out after childbirth and the pain isn't so bad that I can't go about my day. So, I may decide to take a wait-and-see approach on this. I guess I shouldn't make a decision until I hear from my midwife. It's entirely possible that she will see something that the ultrasound tech did not.

Well, I am off to take a nap for the first time in forever. Aiden is going to have some quiet time alone in his room while the baby and I snooze for a bit. Sleep is so very, very scarce these days.

No comments: