Saturday, July 5, 2008

Applesauce Muffins

We Minthornes thought this was so yummy, I just had to share it with everyone!
I had a huge jar of applesauce in the fridge and thought it would probably make really good bread or muffins or something. I was right! We had this along with dinner, but it would make for a really good breakfast food or an afternoon snack. Enjoy!

Applesauce Muffins

2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbls baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 cup applesauce
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
Heat oven to 425. Grease 12 muffin cups.
In a bowl, combine dry ingredients and blend.
Melt butter in a saucepan.
Remove from heat and stir in applesauce and milk.
Beat in egg and vanilla.
Stir in applesauce mixture into dry ingredients.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing muffins from muffin cups.

No comments: