Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cuffed

UPDATE 3/1: I am headed to the doctor at 3pm because they had a surprise cancellation today and wanted me to take it so I didn't have to wait until tomorrow. Hopefully some imaging will be done and I can get some answers.
---------
I am three and a half weeks into a rotator cuff injury, which I've been told usually takes around six weeks to heal. It was actually going very well and I was feeling good after the first week of nearly debilitating pain. I was even able to stop wearing my sling. Then, on Monday night, I woke up in the middle of the night with sharp tearing pain shooting through my shoulder and down my entire arm. Ever since then, I am unable to move my arm even the slightest bit without horrible pain. I am back in my sling and plan on giving it another day to hopefully start feeling better before calling the doctor. Obviously I'd prefer that it just heals like it's supposed to, but if this kind of pain keeps up, we need to make sure that it hasn't turned into a severe tear. I'd really appreciate some prayer and good thoughts for healing.

No comments: