Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Check Up

At Nathan's check up today, we learned that he is just about perfect!  No real concerns and the minor things that I brought up sounded totally normal for a four year old boy in the pediatrician's opinion.  Good to know!  Having a second child - especially one of the same gender as the first - is a little difficult sometimes because I tend to compare Aiden and Nathan, when in reality they are very different boys.

Nathan is 36 lbs (49th percentile) and 40 inches (40th percentile).  My little boy!  He is right at the height limit for his convertible carseat, so we will be buying him a big boy booster seat like Aiden's!  While Aiden could switch to a seatbelt positioning booster seat, I feel more comfortable keeping him in his 5 point harness booster. Once he gets a little older, the 5 point harness can be removed and we can use it as a seatbelt positioning seat until he's ready for no more booster seat.  We'll be buying Nathan the same seat and he couldn't be more excited to be in the same seat as his big brother!

He was given a vision test during his appointment and he barely passed.  I was wondering when John's bad vision was going to show up in one of the boys.  We are interested to see how the next two years go until he gets his kindergarten vision screening through the school district.  While Nathan would look super cute in glasses, I hope we can wait a little while longer before he needs them.  It's obviously inevitable though.

Other than that, everything went fine.  He also had his 2nd dance class today and he actually danced!  I took some pictures and also have some pictures from Aiden's karate class, so I'll be getting those up here soon.  It's nice to see both boys enjoying their classes.

No comments: