As Aiden is getting older, we're having more and more serious conversations. Sometimes, they're more serious for him than they are for me. I had such a hard time keeping a straight face as I had the following conversation with him.
Aiden: My girlfriend Michelle broke up with me.
Me: Oh! How do you feel about that?
Aiden: It's fine because Lena said she'd be my girlfriend.
Me: Well that's nice.
Aiden: But then Lena broke up with me.
Me: Oh my!
Aiden: Now Joanna is my girlfriend and I hope she doesn't break up with me because I REALLY need to find someone to marry.
I somehow successfully managed to keep from laughing or even smiling, but did have tears welling up in my eyes from holding it in. I'm not sure why Aiden feels that kindergarten is the time to find your future spouse, but I did spend a few minutes explaining that he might not find who his future spouse while he's in kindergarten, so he doesn't need to have a girlfriend at all times. That a lot of people don't find who they're going to marry until they're already a grown up and that's ok. He appeared to take it under consideration, but I don't think it will make any difference. I think he likes having a girlfriend. Although at this rate, he's going to have "dated" all the females in his class by the end of the year. It's funny to see how six year olds interpret being boyfriend and girlfriend. They simply agree to be boyfriend and girlfriend and then go about their normal school activities with no change in behavior towards each other. It's just hilarious to me that Aiden is on a spouse hunt, but I'm happy that his "break ups" didn't seem to upset him too much.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment