Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tidbits

There's been so much going on around here, it's just nuts. We've had cold after cold, a long bout with pink eye, and I'm nursing an injured rotator cuff. The rotator cuff is slowly getting better, but I'm doing a terrible job at being consistent with wearing my sling, so it's taking a little longer than expected and really limiting what I can do.  Aiden brought pink eye home from school and that sucker did NOT want to go away. We all had it, although the boys had really bad cases. It is not fun to have to put warm washcloths on your kids eyes multiple times per night because their eyes are glued shut.

I'm just over halfway done with my first term and today I registered for the spring term, which includes taking my first library course! I'm so very excited and had to refrain myself from signing up for two library courses. That would have made three classes for the term (I'm also registered for my next math course) and I just don't think I'm able to make more than two classes work quite yet. It also looks like I'll be attempting a ballet class once per week after spring break, provided my shoulder can heal and I don't screw up any other part of my body in the meantime.

Aiden completed five weeks of karate and has decided that he'd like to try something else. We're fine with that. As long as he's doing some extracurricular activity, we don't mind signing him up for different things every few weeks. It looks like he'll be taking a recreational bowling class next! He's also registered for a week-long science and invention camp in June through the US Patent Office.

Nathan finished his dance class and did regularly participate despite just standing in one spot for his first class. He has requested to take piano lessons next.

There's much more to say, but I'll cover it all in separate posts.

No comments: