As I mentioned about a month ago, I had sent in my resume to one of the local libraries. They were hiring for part-time library assistants and even though I haven't gotten my certification yet, I went for it. About a week ago, I received an email saying that they had chosen someone for the position. I was a little disappointed, but it was by no means a surprise. I had expected it.
Fast forward to today, I ended up with one of the worst migraines I've had in two years and spent most of the day throwing up. Needless to say, I wasn't answering my phone. After taking a shower this evening, I decided to check my phone for any messages. There was a voicemail from the HR person at another library. They've ended up with an unexpected position for an on-call library assistant and would like to interview me. I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing for a minute! I have to wait until tomorrow to call her back, but it sounds like she wants to interview asap.
I'm thrilled. And conflicted. Obviously, an on-call position would mean that I may need to find childcare for my kids at short notice. It also doesn't guarantee hours (and a paycheck). It also means that I would need to quit the job I just returned to (a job that does guarantee hours). However, this is what I want so badly. It's what I dream of doing every time I walk into a library. But I'm getting ahead of myself. An interview does not mean I'll be offered the job and I should just focus on one step at a time. John says he wants me to go for it. It's a step in the direction I want. So I'll schedule an interview and whatever happens, happens. I'm so excited, I could barf. But I think I've done enough of that today!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment