I still felt sick this morning, but gave the lady at the library a call back anyway. She asked me a few questions and then said, "I'd like to interview you at 2pm, if that's ok". Oh my.
John had stayed home since now he wasn't feeling great (I'm still really hoping this is from us being stressed and exhausted and that it's not a bug), so luckily, I was able to say yes and not worry about what to do with the boys. I did have to find a replacement to cover my parent help shift at the preschool, but that wasn't a problem. John drove the boys to school and I headed to my interview, after lots of ginger ale and saltines to calm my stomach. I figured that as long as I didn't barf on the interviewer's feet, it would be a good day.
I arrived and found out that the assistant director would be joining us for the interview! Talk about extra pressure. They took turns asking me questions and we talked a little bit about how the library is run. I didn't feel very prepared since it was so unexpected, and along with not feeling 100%....I honestly can't tell you how it went. I never feel like I interview well, but I have gotten every job I've interviewed for, so I guess I'm not that terrible. Granted, I've always been prepared and not felt like I was going to pass out during the interview, so we'll see how it turns out. After the interview, they had me take a pre-employment test (to make sure I know how to put things in alphabetical order).
Now I wait and see what happens. I am surprised at how unsure I feel about this job. It would be a different schedule than I'm used to with retail and would require me to find some childcare for the boys a few times per week. Not impossible, but does make things a little more complicated, especially if I'm scheduled to work during a time the boys are supposed to be in school. We just have to talk it over and decide if it's a good fit in case they do offer me the job.
If anyone local knows of someone who might be looking for some part-time childcare work (paid, obviously), please let me know.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment