Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Leave It To My Four Year Old

A couple of weeks ago, Aiden began showing interest in getting a dog. And for the past few days, he's been practically begging for one. The only problem is that I just don't see us as dog people. Cats are just so low maintenance and it's great! But Aiden sees it a little differently.

This morning he says to me, "Mommy, this house is great, but it's missing one thing."

"Oh yeah, what's that?", I say.

He gets a sad look on his face. "A puppy."

Oh man....if I could have made a puppy appear out of thin air that very moment, I would have.

But then I wondered if he's just reaching the age where he wants a pet that's purely "his". I developed my love of having a pet that was "mine" at a very early age (I think I was about 3-4) and so I could see him doing the same thing. He basically convinced me that this was the case right around lunchtime.

"Mommy, I think this house should be a bunny house!"

I asked him what he meant by that exactly and he responds, "We should buy bunnies and put them in our house."

Alright then. I think John and I might be having a pet discussion later tonight. There may be a follow up post....

No comments: