Saturday, June 19, 2010

ER

What did we get to do on our Saturday night? Take Nathan to the emergency room! Long story short, Aiden fed Nathan one of my hair pins (almost fed him two, but I dug the 2nd one out of his throat) and the advice nurse wanted him to be x-rayed just to make sure it went where it was supposed to.

John didn't feel like we all needed to go and while I wasn't thrilled with the thought of sitting in St Vincent's ER waiting room with my two year old all by myself, I left John and Aiden home and took Nathan. I said a prayer on the way there, asking for a short wait time, no tears, and no complications. Before I tell you the rest, let's just give a big "praise God", shall we?

I walked in and they immediately escorted us back to a room. The doctor saw us within 15 minutes and we were getting x-rays 15 minutes after that. We were on our way home one hour and 15 minutes after we first walked through those ER doors. Thank you Jesus for the short wait time.
Nathan was an angel. Everyone loved him and he didn't make a single sound or show one ounce of being afraid. Even when the kid in the room next to us was screaming like he was losing a limb, Nathan didn't look at all worried. He did everything anyone asked him to and he stayed so still during his x-ray. He was awesome. Thank you Jesus for no tears.
His x-ray showed the pin right where they wanted it to be (picture is below) and Nathan seems perfectly fine. As long as it makes it's way through normally (which they fully expect it to), we have nothing to worry about. Thank you Jesus for no complications.

So that was our fun night. I was impressed beyond belief with the ER staff and with Nathan. Now if we can just make sure it doesn't happen again....

1 comment:

emily said...

Wow! That's definitely a good story. We know how the whole ER thing can go...and I'm glad it was a good experience for you! I guess all little boys have to have their ER trip early in life. Ours did for sure :)