Monday, December 14, 2009

How Old is Jesus?

Aiden has been enjoying his Sunday School class with grandma very much and this has prompted many discussions about Jesus between Aiden and I. Today's was a little interesting...

Aiden began the discussion by making sure that I knew what Christmas was about.

Aiden: Mommy, Christmas means that it's Jesus' birthday.
Me: Yes, I know.
Aiden: But he can't open his presents yet because it's not Christmas.
Me: Oh, ok. So if it's Jesus' birthday, I wonder how old he is....
Aiden: He's 25.

I took this opportunity to point out to Aiden that mommy is 26....so did that mean that mommy is older than Jesus? Well, Aiden decided that didn't sound right (thank goodness. I know I feel old sometimes, but that's pushing it!). Then he made the decision that Jesus is actually 30.

We left it there, although I'm sure as Christmas continues to creep upon us, these talks will get more and more frequent and I'll have to remember to write them all down. They are quite entertaining!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

So precious. It's fun to read about your boys and their learning/discovering/being. I'm glad for your sake, too, that you'll have some of this stuff written down!