Wednesday, December 16, 2009

House Update # One Million

I know it only feels like the millionth update, but it has been three months of waiting on just this one house.

After a full month of no word (our agent has been contacting us a few times a week to tell us that they haven't heard anything), we finally got a small update last night.

Apparently, the bank did some sort of computer update to help organize the massive amounts of short sales and foreclosures that they are dealing with. During this update, "our" house got lost. To be more specific, it was listed as being assigned to someone who it wasn't actually assigned to, so no one was working on it.
The bank has finally realized the mistake and is working on assigning it to the correct person and getting it fixed in their computer system. They say that this will take two business days. Since they supposedly only need one more signature, or so we were told six weeks ago, we're hoping it won't take too much longer once someone is actually working on it.

The listing agent praised our patience and hopes that we will hold out for the final decision. She also mentioned that through the real estate decline, this particular bank is getting much, much worse on how they are handling short sales. Not really what we want to hear, but we are still keeping the hope up that we are close to the end of this. We've waited three months, we can wait a little longer.

Some days I feel like I can't wait too much longer, but that's mostly due to the apartment. Yesterday, Aiden was being quite noisy and I told him that he needed to calm down because that was too much noise for the lady who lives downstairs. Aiden's response was, "Well, then we just need to move". While I'm in strong agreement with that statement, it's hard to explain to a four year old why I can't just fix the situation with a snap of my fingers. As much as I want to get out of here, I do have to admit that I was a little relieved that we weren't going to have to move right before Christmas.

Well, that all. Our agent is more than a little annoyed with the bank, but knowing something more makes me feel a little bit better. John and I think it seems promising that work will actually get done on the file now. And as always, you'll be updated when we are.

No comments: