Monday, June 15, 2009

Not much is new, but I'll talk about the kids

John finished his week at work and now we're back to searching and waiting for something steady. I'm working a little more this week and have been filling in a few short shifts at another store. Luckily, the other store is about two blocks from our apartment, so it's not too inconvenient. I would request a transfer, but I'm too much of a perfectionist to work there. It's so messy!!

Nathan turned 17 months yesterday, so we have an 'almost 1 1/2 year old' on our hands. He is getting so big. Aiden and I looked at the ultrasound photos earlier today and I have to say that I got a little teary eyed. But I don't think we're close to seriously wanting another baby right now and I can't even say that I'm going to feel the need to have another. I've got my hands full with two little boys and it feels like they really are it. But I'm not really the one in true control of whether or not that happens, so I guess I can't tell you what God's plan is.

Aiden is amazing us with his continuing ability to have deeper and longer conversations. We have his evaluation with early intervention on July 7 and I'm quite nervous. They sent us a big packet with a long list of things to check. I have to ask Aiden to do certain things and ask him certain questions about himself or other things and then I have to mark down if he does it, sometimes does it, or doesn't do it at all. So far, he is able to do everything I have asked him. We aren't fully through the questionnaire yet, so we'll see how the remainder goes.

Nathan has moved to asking us "What's that noise?". He has gone from "What's that?" to 'What's that thing?" to "What's that noise?". He'll also ask "Where's daddy?". He likes to sing songs, although the only one that we can understand so far is Wheels on the Bus. It goes, "Roun, roun, roun.....aaa fru town". He has also started saying his name, "Na Na" (long 'A').

Finally, Aiden enjoys America's Funniest Home Videos a LOT and is a big fan of the current host, Tom Bergeron. We recorded an episode for Aiden and when we turned it on for him, he shouted "TOM BERGERON!" and we hear a little Nathan voice from across the room..."bergeron!". I love my boys.

No comments: