We had a great time at the beach last week and while I have many pictures, they are still on the camera, so those will have to wait. We played on the beach, swam in the hotel's pool, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over a fire, and spent lots of good family time together. It was over much too quickly, but we did end up staying for a few extra hours than we originally intended. This was probably a good thing or else we would have driven straight into the huge storm that passed over the area.
Once we did get home, we found that there had been a power surge and it fried John's computer and our cable converter box. But John was able to just replace the power supply in his computer and it works fine. We had to have a Comcast technician come out to fix our cable problem.
John is working this week back at his old job. So far, no news on if they are going to keep him past this week. We are just thankful for this opportunity and hope that they will want him back permanently very soon.
I am taking a little more time than usual off this week, but that may get bumped back up here in another two weeks. My manager called me today to tell me that she gave her two week notice this morning. If you remember about a month ago, they were trying to get me to train for the assistant manager position and now that she is leaving, I suspect the pressure may be on again. I guess I would have no problem being a short-term manager (basically until John gets work full time again), but I'm really not interested in it past that.
I did have a friend of mine bring up an interesting opportunity that sounds quite appealing. I have been wanting to get a little more active and this friend mentioned that she is putting together a class for Pilates certification as she's in need of more teachers and she thought of me. It would certainly be more enjoyable (and healthier) than retail and I would enjoy the hours a lot more. It wouldn't be until the fall though, so we have plenty of time to think about it.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment