Aiden's preschool recently had their annual auction to raise money for the school, which is a big part of how they can keep the cost of tuition so low (they were able to raise $21,000 in one evening). We pay as much for his tuition per month as others charge per week.
Anyway, Aiden's class created a Jackson Pollock painting and donated it to the auction. I was able to help in the class on two of the days that they were working on the painting and it was so adorable to see these 2 and 3 year olds create this painting. The painting sold for $175. I thought it would be fun to have, but then I thought that it would be cheaper for us for me to purchase some blank canvases myself and have Aiden do some paintings on his own. That way, it's all him and I could choose the colors that I wanted.
So on Wednesday, I took a trip to the art store after I dropped Aiden off at school and spent a total of $15 on everything we needed. Much better than $175! Then yesterday, once Nathan went down for his nap, I got everything out and Aiden spent a little over an hour making me a wonderful painting that I am so happy to be able to put up on our very large walls. John was skeptical about this idea at first, but now we're both excited to have Aiden paint some more!
Anyway, Aiden's class created a Jackson Pollock painting and donated it to the auction. I was able to help in the class on two of the days that they were working on the painting and it was so adorable to see these 2 and 3 year olds create this painting. The painting sold for $175. I thought it would be fun to have, but then I thought that it would be cheaper for us for me to purchase some blank canvases myself and have Aiden do some paintings on his own. That way, it's all him and I could choose the colors that I wanted.
So on Wednesday, I took a trip to the art store after I dropped Aiden off at school and spent a total of $15 on everything we needed. Much better than $175! Then yesterday, once Nathan went down for his nap, I got everything out and Aiden spent a little over an hour making me a wonderful painting that I am so happy to be able to put up on our very large walls. John was skeptical about this idea at first, but now we're both excited to have Aiden paint some more!



3 comments:
I think I've seen stuff like that hanging at Starbucks! He did a fantastic job!
Good job! You could open a store on ebay. I guess its never to early to start working!!
Yay Aiden! Those look great, Carrie! I can't wait until Ellie is old enough to really paint. Right now I hand her markers and she waves them at the paper and makes silly little patterns, but nothing like those cool paintings. I have another cousin who had her kids paint canvases for her house and they looked great, too... super good idea. And, I think you were really smart to wait and buy the colors you wanted so they look really good in you home.
Post a Comment