We marvel every day at Aiden's ever-growing vocabulary. He can speak in full, complex sentences. He can tell us stories. He asks questions. He makes observations. Watching the process of him learning to speak is an amazing thing. However, he stills has trouble with various words and phrases. And oh, is it cute!
On Sunday, we bought our tree and decorated it (pictures will be up soon, hopefully). Going through the box of decorations, he found a Santa hat and shoved it on his head. And I say "shoved" because it is slightly too small for his head and needs to be squeezed on there. I asked him who he was and he responded with, "Santa Clog". John said that it sounded like the less popular Santa who sneaks into your home in the middle of the night and uses the toilet. One we will always remember, I'm sure.
Here are some other Aiden words that we love so much:
Misagetti = Spaghetti
Po-grilla = Gorilla
Washpoo = Shampoo
And a new one, which he doesn't really mess up, but is a little strange...chocolate is now "fine chocolates". He's gone all upper class on us, I guess! There are more, but my mind has gone blank (of course). Aiden certainly brings a lot of laughter into our lives and I'm happy I get to share his little quirks with everyone!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



2 comments:
I can't wait until Ilyssa is at that age. Children are marvelous, and truly blessings.
Nice post!
I've forgotten a lot of things that I thought I would always remember. I wish I had kept better notes of my children.
Some notes, I used to keep in a notepad file on my pc. It crashed, and that was the only record I kept.
Post a Comment