Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Switching beds



Back in October (I think), we bought Aiden a toddler bed. We tried a few times to get him to sleep in it, but all he did was bang on his bedroom door and scream. So back in the crib it was. Our plan was to have Nathan in his cradle in our room until he was too big for it, but we quickly realized that it was nearly impossible to move him into it without waking him up. It was just too far of move from our bed to the cradle. When Aiden was a baby, it worked really well to take one side off of the crib and push it up against my side of the bed. That made it extremely easy to move him over quickly. So, last week we decided that it was now time for Aiden to no longer have a choice. He needed to switch to his toddler bed so that Nathan could have the crib.

Friday night was the big move. John moved the crib from Aiden's room to ours without Aiden noticing and I switched all of Aiden's bedding to the toddler bed. Aiden looked a little surprised when he walked into his room and the toddler bed sat where the crib used to be. Bedtime was a little nervewracking for me, as I was expecting a night filled with terrified screaming. We went about our usual routine and tucked him in for the night. The door closed, Aiden began to cry....but the crying turned to general complaining....10 minutes later, there was silence. We heard nothing until the morning. I went in to get him up and asked, "Did you sleep in your big boy bed?". He gave me a HUGE hug and began jumping up and down, yelling "YAY!!!". I was so proud of him. He's still been complaining a bit when we put him to bed, but when I put him down for a nap today, there wasn't a single sound from him. My little Aiden is growing up and I've been able to sleep on my own, without a baby constantly attached to me for at least a few hours each night.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Way to go Aiden!

andreawilliams said...

Wow! Thats so awesome!

"Spite" said...

lmao @ "blog-stalk" love the term!