Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Guess who's 2?

Aiden has been acting more like a 2 year old than ever. I have no clue why and I'm really ready for it to be done with. As I write this, he sits in his room screaming at the top of his lungs - all because I put him down for his daily nap. I even read him book, which I probably shouldn't have done, seeing as he's having a full blown temper tantrum. Oh well. I love my child and I thought it might calm him down. It did momentarily, until I told him to have a good nap and then left his room. He's really mad. Now he's throwing things and screaming. I will assume that he only has so much energy to put into this tantrum and that he will eventually fall asleep. Silly assumption? Maybe. But if I begin to think that there's even a slight possibility that he may spend his entire naptime screaming like a banshee, I may just have to have a tantrum myself.

We've been moving some furniture around. Maybe it's stressing Aiden out, since some of it includes his room. It's mostly out of neccesity though. John and I took a trip to IKEA on the 15th (the first time we've been to the new store) and purchased a real dining room table that seats more than 2 people and a larger bookcase. We'd gotten to the point where we were being overrun with text books, literature, and new DVDs (which we never seem to get around to watching). So we had to move one of our bookcases into Aiden's room, replacing a smaller bookcase in there, which we then moved out by our fireplace. We also moved the desks and filing cabinet, so that it's a little more condensed in that area of the main room. It seems to be working a little better than it used to. And even though the new table is larger than the old one, it seems to make the dining area look much more open. I'm really enjoying our new furniture.

All this furniture moving is forcing me to organize and clean things that I've been letting go for quite some time. I find myself again watching Oprah this afternoon, this time an episode entitled "Into the Lives of Hoarders". This couple's 3000 square foot house is filled to the brink with stuff and trash. There are no words to describe how shocking and disgusting it is. Why do I watch these things???

1 comment:

"Spite" said...

You're so funny. I haven't watched an Oprah episode in over 10 years, honestly. It's not on purpose, I just haven't had the time at the hour of the day and I don't watch much TV. I think I know all the PBS shows for kids pretty well though. :/