Thursday, March 13, 2008

Darn you, Oprah!

I posted a few weeks ago about possibly finding another apartment in either Beaverton or Hillsboro. We've done some searching around online and have found a few nice places, but nothing that would really save us much on rent. Maybe between $25-50 a month, which I'm sure would add up after a while, but is it really worth doing another move over? We're not completely decided. Our lease is up at the end of the month and while legally we don't have to sign another 10 month lease, the management company is trying to basically bribe people into renewing their leases. They are offering free carpet cleanings, free apartment cleanings, free accent wall painting....you name it. I think they're having a hard time keeping people around. I've seen 5 people move out in the past 2 weeks and not anyone moving in.

If we don't move, I'd like to try to make this space work a little better for us. Even with the huge amount of closet space that we have, I still feel like we're being overrun with stuff. Time for a good cleaning out, I guess. I watched Oprah today, which I something that I never do. She was making over people's homes. People who were stuck in a decorating rut and who weren't utilizing their space very well. It got me all motivated and twitchy like daytime shows on pack-rats desperately in need of a professional organizer tend to do. I haven't been able to do much in terms of organization since I starting getting too pregnant to really move. Sure, I'm not pregnant anymore, but you try finding the energy to organize a room when you barely have the energy to brush your hair in the morning. Maybe I can convince Oprah to send her guy Nate over to my place...

2 comments:

"Spite" said...

I know exactly what you mean. I feel so crammed! It's not "clutter", it's all stuff we use, there's just not enough places to put things. Pretty soon we're going to have to get things like a walker or excersaucer and I don't know where those are going to go either! ...Babies and their toys :shakes head:

andreawilliams said...

arg, moving is stressfull.