Friday, February 8, 2008

Procrastinating

But I don't like to call it procrastinating. It's just....taking a break. :^)

Today is ending up being a little busier than I wanted it to be. We leave this evening for our church retreat at Twin Rocks and there are many things that need to be done before we go. And it's already 2pm. We ended up sleeping in a lot later than normal this morning because Nathan had a bit of a hard night. It was only his 2nd hard night since being born, so I guess I can't complain too much. What I need to get done is taking longer today because Aiden is getting into everything. I think he knows I'm preoccupied with the baby and other things, so he has to get attention somehow. Oddly enough, just as I was writing that sentence, he got into some recycling that I didn't think he could reach and dumped an entire box of packing peanuts all over the floor and into the baby's diaper bag. Fantastic.

On a fun note (fun for a housewife, at least), I finally bought a slow cooker. I was quite pleased with myself for finding a nearly $30 slow cooker on sale at Target for $17.99. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but am really looking forward to trying it out. So if anyone has any good slow cooker recipes, send them my way!! Evenings tend to be when Nathan wants constant attention, so making dinner is getting to be a bit of a problem. I figured if I could spend his downtime in the morning/early afternoon putting a meal together, that would open up my evening and reduce my stress.

Well, I'd better get back to laundry and everything else on my long list. I really hope this weekend will be relaxing and fulfilling. I've been wanting to attend the annual retreat for the past 2 years and this is the first year we've been able to. Sadly, I'm not more excited about it, but I think that's just due to being overly tired from the new baby. Hopefully I'll have some great things to write about when we get back.

No comments: