...well, Honey! Seriously, this dog has the most mellow, easygoing personality I've ever seen. At least during the daytime. She's a (very loud) cryer at night, as she is very much into being with people at ALL times. Sorry pup, you've gotta get through the crate training first and then we will gladly put a doggy bed in our room.
Isn't she SO cute?!
She had her first vet visit today and the vet had nothing but praises for Honey's personality. We've gotten so many compliments on how calm and well behaved she is for a two month old. She's definitely not nearly as active as we anticipated, although I am expecting that to change as she gets through the frequent napping stage.
As the vet came in, she looked at Honey's papers from the Humane Society and said, "Border collie?? Where?! She looks like she's all lab!". We think so too, although after some research, we've noticed that some lab/border collie mixes just look like labs if the lab parent had fairly strong features, like English labs. We're interested to see how she develops as she gets older. Buster sure looked mostly chihuahua as a puppy, but now it's obvious that he's part pomeranian.
As we were snuggling with our two doggies on the couch last night, feeling pure bliss from the companionship, I had to laugh. What happened to me? Less than two years ago, on this very blog, I proclaimed that I was NOT a dog person. But now I must admit that I am loving this. Although I could do without the dog smell. I guess that's what carpet cleaners are for, right?



No comments:
Post a Comment