I am terrified of spring break. Not for myself - I'm looking forward to having a break from homework. I am terrified of spring break with my children who need constant entertainment. Do you know what happens when Minthorne boys get bored? Bad things. Like flooded bathrooms, dismantled furniture, secret messages written on lamp shades that I only discover when I turn on the lamp, bicycles in the house, and attempted cooking and/or science experiments. Aiden especially does not do well when he gets bored, and it's been hard to keep him occupied lately. I think he's beginning to have issues with the limited learning in kindergarten.
I have nothing planned for spring break and this is not good. And I don't have great expectations for the weather, seeing as how there was snow accumulation in the Portland area this morning. We've been discussing purchasing a membership to the children's museum and I think it's time. Also, I think we'll take a trip to Michael's to stock up on art supplies. I could use some more paintings for the house anyway!
This isn't really just about spring break though. I'm going to deal with this all summer. I have a child who requires a certain amount of intellectual stimulation and I am really struggling to find enough for him to do. We were doing ok for a while - trips to the library, kindergarten being temporarily new and different, occasional trips to OMSI, karate class, etc. But it seems we've reached another point of difficulty. I guess we'll be utilizing classes through the parks department like crazy. It seems our pediatrician was right when he said Aiden was going to need near-constant extracurricular classes!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment