Saturday, March 24, 2012

Break!

I did it. I actually completed my first term! Thank goodness I was just going half-time. The two classes I had were challenging enough in addition to doing the whole mommy thing. I'm planning on sticking with half-time for a while yet, although maybe I can get close to full-time once Nathan goes back to preschool this fall.

The English composition course I took was quite challenging. The professor did a great job keeping it interesting and assigning really engaging projects. The final paper was a research paper of a topic of our choosing, provided it was a controversial topic regarding the US food industry. I did mine on bovine growth hormone (rBST) in milk. It took me almost three weeks. I've never done that much research for a paper before, but I learned a lot about rBST and the whole thing really paid off, as I got an A on the paper. My other class was a basic math course - which is really not my thing - but I did fairly well. I understood all of the material, but I need to figure out a way to work through the overwhelming test anxiety I get for the on-campus midterms and finals for the next two terms as I finish out my math requirements.

I ended the term with a 3.5 GPA (an A in English and a B in Math). I definitely worked hard this term and hopefully my family didn't feel too neglected. We are all looking forward to a break for the week, and John and I are excited for our weekend away next weekend to celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary!

No comments: