Monday, March 5, 2012

Breakfast!

I don't usually post recipes here, but we've been trying out all sorts of new yummy creations lately. I have many to share, but I haven't taken the photos off of my camera yet, so those will be in another post. But I couldn't wait on this one. This is what we had for breakfast this morning:

Photo credit: Sugarcrafter.net

That, ladies and gentlemen, is Nutella Swirl Coffee Cake. If you happen to not be familiar with Nutella, it's the yummy stuff inside the Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Jars of Nutella are a tad pricey, but it's something that lasts for a while and we like to have it on hand. Once I saw the recipe for this on Sugarcrafter, I knew I had to try it. That blog is quickly becoming my first go-to place when I'm looking for something sweet to bake.

I would highly recommend this recipe and you can find it here: Nutella Swirl Coffee Cake. I was out of plain yogurt, so I used a mix of sour cream and cream cheese instead (I would used all sour cream, but I was 2 oz short, so I threw in the rest of our cream cheese to get it up to the required amount). It tasted awesome. Sure, it probably made it about 6 times more fattening than it would have been otherwise, but I wasn't going for diet food here. Seriously, a warm slice of this coffee cake along with a freshly brewed cup of coffee was one of the most decadent breakfasts I've had in quite a while. And the kids love it!

No comments: