At 12:45am last night, I heard a very faint cry. I got up and discovered that it was coming from the boys' bathroom. I knocked on the door and found Aiden, crying and wearing more shirts than I thought was humanly possible to put on (turns out the world record is 245, I believe). He was stuck and getting overheated. I had to bring him into our room and get John's help with taking all the shirts off. I really wish that we had a picture, but Aiden was offended enough that I was laughing so hard I was crying, so I thought I'd better not push it by taking a picture. But just so you have a visual, he looked like this:
It took us nearly 10 minutes to wrestle him out of all the shirts, during which I would calm down and then start laughing again as we thought we were nearly at the end, but would quickly find that no, there were more. In the end, the child had somehow managed to put on 20 shirts. He was squeezed in there so tight, it was ridiculous. He was quite upset, so we let him snuggle in our bed for a while. While we snuggled, I asked him why on earth he would do something like that. and he responded that Nathan had told him to do it. Of course.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: We are never bored.




No comments:
Post a Comment