Monday, December 19, 2011

Coffee!

We've had our coffee maker since just after we got married (I believe my wonderful mother in law purchased it for us) and it has really served us well.  Sometimes multiple pots per day (our coffee consumption really skyrocketed after we stopped drinking soda).  A few months ago, we started finding coffee grounds in our coffee.  It slowly got worse and worse, but we didn't really do anything about it.  Then about a week ago, I would prep the coffee pot to turn on in the morning and we'd come down the next day to find not as much coffee in the pot as we'd prepped for, and some water on the counter.  Hmm.

I was on the Target email list and was getting "last minute lightning deals" emails.  One of them happened to be a Black and Decker coffee maker for almost 50% off.  Something in my head said "Your coffee pot is on it's last leg - order this!!".  So I ordered it with plans to wrap it and have John open it Christmas morning as a gift to him from the boys.  It has been patiently waiting for Christmas morning, hidden in our closet for the past week.  Until this morning.  We woke up to NO coffee in the coffee pot and water covering the kitchen counter, dripping onto the floor.  Ugh.  John headed to work with the words, "Please go buy a new coffee pot today!".  I didn't tell him that we already had one.

But he'll come home to a new coffee pot on the counter and I'll tell him the whole story.  If only the old coffee pot's death could have waited just one more week.  Merry early Christmas to us!

No comments: