My grandfather (dad's dad - the one I had mentioned last week) passed away early this morning. They were so unsure which way his recovery was going to go, it's a shock, but at the same time not really. If that makes sense. We had just finalized plans last night to drive over to Idaho the week of Thanksgiving so that I could see him again and he could finally meet the boys. It's like dealing with my grandmother's (mom's mom) death all over again. Talking about visiting, discussing dates, and then suddenly, it's too late. I wasn't ready for this again. I'm grieving and I'm mad, and I don't understand why God couldn't have waited just a few more weeks.
I guess we should be thankful that my dad was able to go over last week and see his dad one last time. And we should be thankful that he's not suffering anymore. It doesn't make it any easier though.
I don't expect to be able to attend his funeral, but we are keeping our plans to go over to Idaho. There's plenty of family over there who I haven't seen in 20 years, and of course my grandma (dad's mom) has yet to meet her great-grandchildren. I'm already trying to process two grandparents going without being able to see them and I'd rather not risk a third.
Please keep the family in prayer as we deal with the loss of a man whose humor I will never forget. And as much as I hated it when I was little, I'll miss being called Snake Hips (I assume it was because I was super skinny and lanky at age 7). I'll miss you, grandpa.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment