After dealing with John being laid off during the summer of 2009, it seems incredibly stupid to complain about him working. Especially with so many people being out of work, I should be completely, utterly grateful he has a job. But I can't deny that I would like a little balance. I know it's the nature of consulting, but it's either barely any work or too much work to handle and they can't seem to hire enough people. (I must mention that they've hired quite a few people over the past few months who have turned around and quit because they "can't handle the pressure".)
A few weeks back, John's boss asked him if he could work as close to 80 hours a week as possible. John apparently told him that was unreasonable, and yet....it's basically happening. We're on week two of not having John around for dinner or bedtime. He's working 12-14 hour days. He's been at work today for just over 12 hours, and as I was starting this blog post, he called to say it would be a few more hours. It's a good thing I bought a cheesecake today to keep me company.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
Carrie, you are not alone! Jonas works about 80 hours a week, too. 40 at his day job, then about 40 more with his business. I am essentially a single mom during the week and it can be hard! I miss him a lot, as does Micah. (And I think that is a big part of our behavior issues.) Just hang in there and message me anytime you need some extra support! <3
Post a Comment