Friday, May 6, 2011

A Tiny Addition

In all our busy-ness, I completely forgot to blog about our new addition. A lot of you already know about her, but I'm sure you can handle seeing another picture of her.

Meet Izzy! One of the moms at the boys' preschool was selling a litter of kittens that her cat had just had and well, we couldn't resist. We love our little Izzy, or as I refer to her, our monkey cat. She climbs everywhere and will take running jumps to attach herself to mine or John's thigh. Luckily she only weighs about a pound, but her claws are quite sharp. Our two adult cats, Jack and Poe, have fallen in love with her and are actually getting some exercise! Izzy loves to chase them around and pounce on them. They also allow her to snuggle up to them during kitty nap time. Sometimes she'll nuzzle her face in their tummies like she's trying to nurse. It's quite adorable. They also taught her how to use the cat box! We've introduced her to Buster and have tried to give them a little bit of time together, but Buster loves her just a little too much. He's such a sweet and affectionate dog, but she's still VERY small and his doggy kisses are just a bit too much for her to take quite yet. We are hoping that she'll get adjusted to him at some point since she's very young and can get used to being around him. Our other two cats are just a little too old to really tolerate the dog very much and they mostly stay upstairs.

I've joked with many people that I'm pushing cat lady status with three cats, but we are loving having a new little kitten around.

No comments: